SFU2505 3.175mm Grinding Self-lubricating Heavy Duty Ball Screw
The SFU2505 3.175mm Grinding Self-lubricating Heavy Duty Ball Screw from ZLV is a high-performance component designed for the demanding needs of modern machine tools and industrial applications. Utilizing state-of-the-art technology and high-quality materials, this product offers excellent efficiency, precision, speed, and rigidity that make it an essential part in any mechanical setup.
Features and Characteristics of the Ball Screw
- Efficiency:With many steel balls rolling between the screw shaft and the nut, the SFU2505 achieves high motion efficiency. Compared to the conventional sliding screw pair, the drive torque is reduced to less than 1/3, which means it needs only 1/3 of the power to achieve the same motion result, contributing to energy efficiency.
- High Precision:The SFU2505 ball screw is produced coherently using the most advanced machinery equipment. The rigorous control over the temperature and humidity in the grinding, assembly, and inspection processes guarantees its precision.
- High Speed Feed and Micro Feed:Thanks to the ball movement, the SFU2505 has a minimal starting torque and no creeping phenomenon, ensuring precise micro feeds.
- High Axial Rigidity:By adding preload, the SFU2505 can reduce axial play to a negative value, resulting in high rigidity. In practical mechanical devices, the rigidity of the nut part can be enhanced by the repulsion of the balls due to the applied pressure.
- Non-self-locking and Reversible Transmission:Unlike some screw systems, the SFU2505 ball screw cannot self-lock, allowing for reversible transmission.
Components and Categories
The ball screw consists of a screw, nut, steel balls, preload piece, reverser, and dustproof device.
There are several types of ball screws:
- Self-lubricating ball screw: Comes with a removable oil-removal device, eliminating the need for a lubrication pipeline system and equipment, reducing oil change and waste oil disposal costs.
- Silent ball screw: Designed with a special groove-shaped ball spacer to suppress the collision noise between balls, ensuring a quiet and smooth operation.
- High-speed ball screw: Features high acceleration, high rigidity, high-speed feed, low vibration, and low noise. Ideal for fast-feed tool machines, high-speed cutting centers, and high-speed vertical load cutting centers.
- Heavy-duty ball screw: Capable of bearing high axial loads, suitable for all-electric design machines, air compressors, semiconductor manufacturing devices, and forging manufacturing devices.
|Shaft Diameter (d)||25mm|
|Steel Ball Diameter||3.175mm|
|Nut Size (D, A, B, L, W, H, X, Q, n)||40, 62, 10, 51, 51, 48, 6.6, M6, 1*4|
|Weight (Screw Rod/Nut)||3.8kg/M, 0.3kg/pcs|
|Unit Price (Screw Rod/Nut)||7.4 USD/M, 6 USD/pcs|
Calculation Method for Lead and Screw Thrust
Lead refers to the distance the nut moves linearly when the screw rotates one full revolution. For the same rotational speed, a larger lead results in a faster linear motion speed.We can use the formula v = r * i to describe the relationship between the parameters, with ‘v’ denoting the movement speed of the nut (mm/s), ‘r’ denoting the rotational speed of the screw (r/s), and ‘i’ representing the lead (mm).
For the relationship between the lead and the screw thrust, the formula F = (2 * π * T * n) / i serves as the key. In this equation, ‘F’ stands for the screw thrust (N), ‘T’ signifies the torque the motor provides (N·m), ‘n’ indicates the transmission efficiency (typically 85%-95% for a ball screw), and ‘i’ again denotes the lead (m).
Nut Forms, Length, and Accuracy
Different manufacturers offer various nut forms, usually indicated by the first few letters in the model. They can be categorized into circular flange, single-edge flange, double-edge flange, and no flange based on flange shape, or single nut and double nut based on nut length.
Length is a significant parameter, which includes total length and thread length. Some manufacturers calculate only the total length, but others need the thread length, which includes total thread length and effective stroke.
Regarding accuracy, ball screws are graded into P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P7, P10 in China; C0, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, C10 in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan; and IT0, IT1, IT2, IT3, IT4, IT5, IT7, IT10 in Europe.
ZLV’s SFU2505 ball screw can be customized according to specific needs, providing optimal solutions for different applications.